1 cup butter softened
2/3 cups light brown sugar
1/2 cups sugar
1 Tbsp orange zest
2 tsp orange extract
2 1/4 cups flour
3/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
2 cups white chocolate chips
- Zest oranges to get two tablespoons of zest; set aside. (I used two oranges.)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cream margarine, butter, brown sugar, and sugar in a large bowl.
- Beat in egg, orange peel, and vanilla.
- Stir in dry ingredients and white chips.
- Drop dough by spoonfuls on lightly greased or silicone lined cookie sheets.
- Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes. Let sit on pans for 3-5 minutes, then remove to wire racks to cool completely.
You can use all butter in place of the margarine.