This easy recipe tastes just like grandma would have made it.
- 2 cups sultana raisins
- 2 cups water
- ½ cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 double crust pastry for a double crust pie
- Preheat oven to 425° F.
- Add raisins and water to a medium saucepan. Boil 5 minutes.
- In a bowl, blend brown sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon, and salt together; add to saucepan with raisins.
- Cook on medium and stir until syrup is thick and clear (about 10 minutes).
- Remove from heat and stir in lemon juice and butter.
- Cool slightly.
- Turn filling into a pastry lined pan. Cover with top crust. Seal edges and cut slits in the top crust.
- Bake in the centre of the oven for 10 minutes.
- Reduce oven to 350° F and bake for an additional 20 minutes.
- Remove the pie from oven and allow to cool for about 30 minutes.