2 pounds of round steak
1/4 cup of all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon of salt
1/2 teaspoon of black pepper
1 onion, thinly sliced
1 green bell pepper, thinly sliced
1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
1 can (14 ounces) of diced tomatoes
1/2 cup of beef broth
1 teaspoon of Worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon of dried thyme
1 teaspoon of dried rosemary
1 teaspoon of paprika
2 cloves of garlic, minced
2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
Fresh parsley for garnish (optional)
These ingredients come together to create a symphony of flavors that will leave you craving more with every bite.
The Cooking Process: A Symphony of Flavors
Now that we have our ingredients ready, it’s time to dive into the cooking process. This slow-cooked Swiss steak is all about patience and allowing the flavors to meld together perfectly. Here’s how you can make it:
Coating the Steak
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, salt, and black pepper.
- Add the round steak to the bag and shake it gently to coat the steak evenly. This flour coating will help thicken the sauce as it cooks.
Browning the Steak
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the steak to the skillet and cook until it’s browned on both sides, which should take about 4-5 minutes per side. This step is essential for locking in those savory flavors.
Preparing the Crock-Pot
- Place the browned steak in your Crock-Pot, setting the stage for the slow-cooking process.
Creating the Flavorful Mixture
- In the same skillet where you browned the steak, add the sliced onion, minced garlic, and bell peppers.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes until they begin to soften and release their aromatic flavors.
Bringing It All Together
- Add the diced tomatoes (along with their juices), beef broth, Worcestershire sauce, dried thyme, dried rosemary, and paprika to the skillet.
- Stir everything together to create a rich and flavorful mixture that will infuse the steak with deliciousness.
The Slow Cook
- Pour this delectable tomato mixture over the steak in your Crock-Pot, ensuring that every inch of the meat is coated with this savory goodness.
- Cover the Crock-Pot and set it to cook on low for 6-8 hours. This low and slow cooking method will make the steak incredibly tender and allow the flavors to meld perfectly.
The Finishing Touch
- Once the cooking time is complete, garnish your Hearty Crock-Pot Swiss Steak Delight with fresh parsley for a burst of color and added freshness.
Congratulations! You’ve just prepared a mouthwatering dish that’s sure to impress your family and friends. The tender steak, aromatic vegetables, and rich tomato-based sauce come together to create a comforting meal that’s perfect for any occasion.