Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 8 Flakey Buttermilk Biscuits
- 1 pound pork sausage
- 2 Tablespoon + 1 teaspoon(s)s all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 cups half and half
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 1/8 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon dried crushed rosemary
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- freshly ground black pepper , to taste
- Brown sausage in a large saucepan. Use a paper towel to blot out most of the grease from the pan.
- Add flour, butter, and half & half. Cook on medium-low, stirring often, for several minutes until thickened.
- Add thyme, rosemary, red pepper flakes and black pepper.
- Serve over warm biscuits.
Make ahead Instructions:
You can make the gravy ahead of time and store it in a container in the fridge for 2-3 days, depending on the freshness of your ingredients.Rewarm on the stove, adding a splash of half and half or milk to thin it, if needed, and additional seasonings, to taste.
I’d suggest making the recipe with whole milk, if you want to freeze it. (Half and half will have a slightly different texture upon reheating from frozen, but will still taste good). Thaw overnight in the fridge.Rewarm on the stove, adding a splash of half and half or milk to thin it, if needed, and additional seasonings, to taste. The biscuits can be made ahead and stored in the freezer for 3-5 months.
Serving: 8g | Calories: 388kcal | Carbohydrates: 17g | Protein: 12g | Fat: 29g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Cholesterol: 72mg | Sodium: 659mg | Potassium: 299mg | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 365IU | Vitamin C: 1.1mg | Calcium: 98mg | Iron: 1.7mg