Crock Pot Fritos Taco Bowls are a family favorite! A beefy taco mixture simmers in the crock pot all day and then gets piled on top of Fritos, rice, and all your favorite taco toppings. This is a dinner that everyone will be begging for more of.
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 cans chili beans, undrained
- 1 can (8 oz) tomato sauce
- 1 can (14.5 oz) petite diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon unsweetened cocoa powder
Fritos Taco Bowls
- Fritos chips
- sour cream, shredded cheese, avocado, pico de gallo, guacamole, shredded lettuce, etc
- rice of choice (see notes)
- Brown ground beef, onion, salt and pepper in a skillet pan over medium-high heat until cooked through and no longer pink. After the meat is halfway cooked, add the garlic and finish cooking.
- Add the ground beef mixture into the crock pot along with all the other ingredients. Stir together and look on low heat for 6-7 hours.
- Serve over Fritos chips and add toppings of your choice. We also love adding rice to our bowls too.
We love including rice to our Fritos taco bowls. You do not have to however it is a first-rate addition. We love this cilantro lime rice however you can additionally use microwave rice, leftover rice, Mexican rice, etc.
Use any onion you like. I used a candy onion however you can additionally use a yellow onion or a white onion as well.
If you do not have cocoa powder then do not go out and purchase it simply for half teaspoon, simply go away it out. It provides a depth of richness and color.
I use garlic paste. You can additionally use the minced garlic that comes in the jar or simply use the two garlic cloves. Either way works.