This Blooming Quesadilla Ring makes the first-rate appetizer! Using tortilla shells that are reduce in half, stuffed with poultry and cheese, and rolled up, then, positioned in a massive ring. This pull-apart appetizer is usually a fan favorite!
- 20 soft flour tortillas
- 4 cups finely shredded colby and monterey jack cheese
- 3 cups shredded cooked skinless boneless chicken breast
- 1 yellow bell pepper (seeded and diced)
- ½ cup finely diced sweet yellow onion
- ½ cup finely diced red onion
- ½ cup salsa (your favorite brand)
- 1 cup taco sauce (your favorite brand)
- 2 cups finely shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro (chopped (optional garnish))
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Put a large, wide mouth glass jar in the center of the baking sheet.
- Using a cutting board and a sharp knife, or a pizza cutter, cut the tortilla’s in half. Cover the halved tortilla’s with a clean dry cloth and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the shredded cooked chicken, diced yellow pepper, finely diced yellow and red onion, the salsa and the taco sauce. Stir well until all of the ingredients are completely incorporated.
- Sprinkle 1 ½ to 2 tablespoons each of the shredded colby monterey jack cheese and the chicken mixture.
- Roll each of the halved, “filled” tortillas into a cone shape. Be careful not to squish out the filling. The small, pointed ends of the cones need to touch the wide mouth jar and form a ring around the jar.
- Once you have made a complete bottom layer, about 12-13 cones, sprinkle 3/4 cup of the shredded cheddar cheese on top of the ring.
- Repeat the ring of cones for a second layer, and top with 1 cup of the colby and monterey jack cheese.
- Repeat for the 3rd and final ring. Remove the glass jar from the center of the cones.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until the edges of the cones are golden brown and the cheese is melted.
- Using the edges of the parchment paper, carefully transfer the quesadilla ring to a heat safe serving plate. (If you are wanting to trim the excess parchment paper, be very careful not to touch the hot cheese)
- Serve the quesadilla ring with your favorite salsa or dipping sauce. Any leftovers can be stored in the refrigerator in an airtight container.
Tip 1: You can use a ingesting glass or a jar for the core of your ring. You simply choose to make positive that the mouth is vast ample to make a circle that’s about two inches wide.
Tip 2: Do no longer overfill your tortillas. This is a need to due to the fact it will create a large mess for you!
Tip 3: Be cautious now not to squish out the filling. This shouldn’t be a hassle if you observe tip 2, however you simply favor to be positive you’re no longer rolling them too tight and squeezing out the filling.
Tip 4: Make positive to put down parchment paper earlier than making this ring. It will assist you with transferring and serving your quesadilla. It will additionally assist make cleansing up terrific easy! If you are looking to trim the extra parchment paper to make the look better, be very cautious no longer to contact the hot cheese, as you should burn yourself.