Learn how to make easy funnel cake bites at home! Crisp on the outside, fluffy on the inside. Even better than funnel cakes! Three awesome dippings sauces!
- 1 egg beaten
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 4 tablespoons butter melted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar optional
- 2 cups milk I used almond milk
- 2 cups all-purpose flour sifted
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Canola oil for frying
- powdered sugar
- In a large bowl whisk together egg, oil, butter, vanilla extract, milk and sugar (if using)
- Gently stir in flour, baking powder and salt.
- Stir until flour is combined. Batter will and should be a little bit lumpy.
- Heat oil on med-high in a deep skillet.
- When oil is hot, do a test by dropping a bit of batter into the oil. (The batter should begin to fry calmly instantly. If it smokes, sputters or browns quickly the oil is too hot)
- Use a mini ice cream scoop and scoop out the batter and drop it into the oil. (work quickly and be careful not to crowd the batter)
- Fry until golden on both sides.
- Removed from oil and place a paper-towel lined plate.
- Sprinkle generously with powdered sugar.
- Eat immediately.
More of Delicious Recipes You’ll Love!
MAGNOLIA BAKERY BANANA PUDDING
PHILLY CHEESE STEAK CHEESY BREAD
Leave a Comment