This Hashbrown Casserole tastes just like the Cracker Barrel version and is so easy to throw together and serve with breakfast, or even dinner. (Plus, leftovers are freezer friendly!)
- 32 oz. frozen hash browns, thawed*
- 1 stick butter, melted
- 10.5 oz. cream of chicken soup, (cream of cheddar works too)
- 16 oz. sour cream
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, grated
- 1/3 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Ensure that your hash browns have thawed. (Otherwise they take a very long time to bake.) You can defrost them in the microwave to speed up this process.
- Pat them dry of excess water.
- Set ½ cup of cheddar cheese aside.
- Combine all remaining ingredients in a large bowl.
- Place it in a greased 9×13 casserole dish and top with remaining cheese.
- Bake for 35 minutes, uncovered.
- Increase heat to 375 and bake for an additional 10 minutes, until the top begins to crisp and brown slightly.
- Remove from the oven, let it sit for 10 minutes, and serve!
*They only have 28 oz. bags at my grocery store, so I use that and leave everything else the same. Frozen Cubed Hash Browns may also be used.