Making Fried Pickles in the Air fryer takes hardly any time and uses no oil like deep frying! Feel good about eating these healthier ‘fried pickles’!
- 30 dill pickles (I like the chip style)
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cajun seasoning
- 2 medium eggs
- 2 TBS pickle juice
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/3 cup bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- oil spray
- Place the dill pickles out on a paper towel in a single layer and then place a paper towel firmly on top of the pickles.This will absorb the moisture from the pickles so that the breading will be able to stick to the pickles.
- In one medium bowl add flour, salt, and cajun seasoning; mix it together. In another bowl add panko breadcrumbs, regular breadcrumbs and garlic powder; mix it together. In another bowl add 2 eggs and pickle juice; whisk it together.
- Now coat the pickles: Taking a few pickles at a time, add them to the bowl with the flour mixture and cover completely. Then add the pickles to the egg mixture, coating completely. Drip off any extra egg coating and then place in the bread crumb mixture. Press the pickles firmly into the bread crumb mixture to make sure the coating sticks well.
- Place the coated pickles in the Air Fryer in a single layer and make sure they don’t touch each other (you will likely have to do in batches unless your air fryer is giant sized). Lightly spray the tops of the pickles with oil spray.
- Set the air fryer to 400 degrees and cook for 5 minutes. Open the air fryer after 5 mins and then flip the pickles over carefully, spray the tops with oil spray and then cook 5 more minutes. Remove and serve immediately with your favorite dipping sauce!
*feel free to use one type of breadcrumbs if you don’s have both regular and panko. I like combining them for the best texture, but you can use one type as well.