- 1/2 lb bacon, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped (1/2 cup)
- 1 bag (30 oz) frozen country-style shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed, patted dry
- 2 c. shredded Cheddar cheese (8 oz)
- 1/4 c. grated Parmesan cheese
- 9 large eggs
- 1 1/4 c. milk
- 1 container (8 oz) sour cream
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. ground mustard
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1/2 c. cornflake crumbs or panko bread crumbs
- 2 tbsp. butter or margarine, melted
Step 1: Ready the oven then preheat to 350 degrees F. Prepare the 13×9 glass baking dish and apply the cooking spray.
Step 2: Heat a 10-inch skillet over medium and add the bacon. When the bacon is almost crispy, saute the onion until translucent. Transfer into a paper towel to drain the excess oil of the bacon.
Step 3: Combine the cheese, potatoes, and sauteed bacon in a large bowl. Transfer into the baking dish.
Step 4: Combine beaten eggs, sour cream, mustard, milk, and pepper in a large bowl. Whisk until well-mixed then spread over the top of the potato and bacon mixture.
Step 5: Put the baking dish in the oven and bake for 35 minutes without cover.
Step 6: Mix butter and cornflake crumbs in a small bowl.
Step 7: Remove the baking dish in the oven and sprinkle the butter and cornflake mixture on top of the casserole. Put back in the oven and bake for another 10-15 minutes or until a knife or toothpick comes out clean.
(If you do not know this technique, insert knife or toothpick in the middle part of the dish and if it comes out clean, your casserole is done!)