- 1 tbsp butter, (or olive oil)
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup onion, , finely diced
- 4 cloves garlic, , minced
- 8 oz can tomato sauce
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tsp yellow mustard
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp each salt and pepper
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes, (optional)
- 4 hamburger buns
- In a large saute pan, heat butter over medium low heat. Add ground beef, onion and garlic and cook until beef is completely cooked through. Drain off excess fat.
- While meat is cooking, whisk together tomato sauce, paste, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, yellow mustard and seasonings in a medium bowl.
- Pour mixture over meat and mix in well. Bring pan to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for a few minutes until heated through.
- Serve with pickles, onion and cheese if desired on hamburger buns.
- Optional–brown hamburger buns in butter on a hot pan before serving for extra flavor