There’s no need to order out! This better than takeout fried rice is ready to go in just 20 minutes!
- 3 tbsp. butter, divided
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 large carrot, peeled and cubed
- 1 small white onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 4-5 c. cooked and chilled rice
- 1 c. frozen peas
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- ¼ c. soy sauce (plus more to taste)
- 2 tsp. sesame oil
- 3 tsp. oyster sauce
- salt and pepper
- Preheat a large skillet or wok to medium heat (I’ve used both a nonstick and a regular skillet, I kind of prefer a nonstick for this rice). Add 1 tbsp. of the butter into the pan. Once the butter has melted, add the lightly beaten eggs. Let them cook for about 30-40 seconds or until set, then scramble. Once the eggs are fully cooked, remove them and set them aside.
2) Add the remaining butter to the pan- when it’s hot, add the carrot and onion and cook until tender, then add the garlic and cook until fragrant, taking care not to brown. Turn the heat up slightly and add the cold rice and peas. Cook the the mixture for about 3-4 minutes (it will sizzle and should brown a bit), then add the eggs, green onion, soy sauce, sesame oil and oyster sauce. Cook for a few more minutes or until the mixture is hot. Season with salt and pepper, serve immediately.
*We usually add about 1-2 tablespoons of additional soy sauce to this dish.
You Might Also LOVE:
PHILLY CHEESE STEAK CHEESY BREAD
Leave a Comment