This Cheesy Hashbrown Casserole, also known as Cheesy Funeral Potatoes, makes an appearance at all family gatherings. So easy and delicious and perfect for a crowd!
- 2 lb frozen hashbrowns (cubed)
- 16 oz sour cream
- 2 cup shredded cheddar cheese (I use Cabot Seriously Sharp Cheddar)
- 1 can (10 ½ oz ) cream of chicken soup
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 2 Tbsp minced onion
- ¾ cup melted butter,divided
- 2 cup corn flakes, crushed
- Preheat oven to 350 degree F.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine frozen hashbrowns, sour cream, cheese, soup, salt, pepper, onion and ½ cup of the melted butter. Mix until thoroughly combined. Pour into a 13×9 baking dish.
- In a small bowl, combine remaining ¼ cup melted butter with crushed corn flakes. Sprinkle over top of casserole.
- Cover dish with foil and bake for about 60 minutes. Remove foil and bake an additional 5-10 minutes to add some crunch to the topping. Serve and enjoy!
You Might Also LOVE:
*May be prepared ahead of time and stored in refrigerator. If doing this, the hashbrowns will be thawed. You can now bake it for about 45 minutes covered, and 5 minutes uncovered. ENJOY
Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:
Total Fat: 27g
Saturated Fat: 9g
Trans Fat: 1g
Unsaturated Fat: 14g