Soft and tender, buttery nutty cookie rolled in a blizzard of perfectly white powdered sugar. A must try Christmas cookie!
1 cup unsalted butter , softened
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1/4 tsp salt
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 Tbsp cornstarch
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup finely chopped Pecans (I just used Pecan cookie chips so I didn’t have to do any chopping, just poured them in right from the bag).
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar , for coating
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). In the bowl of an electric stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, mix butter on medium speed until creamy, about 20 seconds. Blend in 1/2 cup powdered sugar and salt. Mix in vanilla.
- Sprinkle cornstarch over mixture (just so it doesn’t blend into one area) then with mixer set on low speed slowly add in flour and mix just until combined. Stir in Pecans.
- Scoop dough out 1 Tbsp at a time and roll into a ball, then place balls on ungreased baking sheets and bake in preheated oven for 13 – 15 minutes, until bottom edges are lightly golden (for anyone having problems with spreading, just chill the dough balls for 1 hour then transfer to baking sheet and bake and that should help).
- These are a cookie that I think are best when they aren’t moist in the center so I’d say don’t under bake them. These actually are a cookie that are meant to be dry. Dry but a melt in your mouth kind of dry.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool several minutes then while cookies are still warm, pour 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar into a bowl and roll cookies in powdered sugar.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool, then once cookies are cool, roll in powdered sugar once more, this time generously coating them (I pressed it into the powdered sugar to give it a thick coating). Store cookies in an airtight container.
Other simple desserts
CROCKPOT CUBED STEAK WITH GRAVY
Leave a Comment