If there’s one dip you’re going to want to make to bring to parties, it’s this cheesy bacon dip. Simply put, it’s the best dip ever!!
- 3/4 lb thick cut bacon cooked and cut into little pieces
- 8 oz cream cheese I use 1/3 reduced fat cream cheese
- 12 oz sour cream I use light sour cream
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup green onions chopped
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese shredded
- 1 loaf of round bread I use a rustic Italian or whatever unsliced round bread they have in the bakery section
- Pre-heat oven to 350.
- Cook the bacon and cut it into small pieces (alternatively you can cut the bacon and then cook it, this goes faster). Drain the grease from the bacon by draining/cooling the bacon on a plate covered in a few pieces of paper towel.
- In a bowl mix together the cream cheese and sour cream until smooth, then add the Worcestershire Sauce and mix, then add the green onions, cheddar and bacon and stir until well combined.
- Hollow out the bread round (making sure to leave the bottom in tact) – I cut a shallow disc-like shape out of the top and the scoop out the sides by tearing pieces out. Set insides/pieces aside for serving.
- Place hollowed out out of the round bread bowl on top of 2 large pieces of aluminum foil that will cover the dip.
- Spoon the dip mixture into the hollowed bread bowl, and then wrap with aluminum foil and bake for 45 minutes, remove the foil and bake for an additional 10 minutes.
- Let cool for 5 minutes, then serve with bread chunks or crackers on the side
Nutrition information disclaimer: the nutrition information presented on this site should be considered an estimate as the calculations will change based on the exact products you use in your own kitchen.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 251kcal | Carbohydrates: 18g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 41mg | Sodium: 498mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 3g