Delectable creamy egg custard pie is a cinch to make and sure to become a family favorite!
Author: Small Town Woman
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
Yield: 6 1x
1 (9 inch) unbaked pie crust
4 large eggs
3/4 cup sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup heavy cream
1 1/2 cups milk
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In small bowl separate one egg white from egg yolk reserving both.
- Brush crust with beaten egg white and pre-bake for 7-8 minutes. Let cool for 10 minutes.
- In large bowl whisk together 3 eggs plus the one spare yolk and whatever is left from the beaten egg white , sugar, salt, vanilla, cream and milk.
- Pour egg mixture into piecrust and sprinkle with nutmeg. Bake for 35-45 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack. Store in refrigerator
Other simple desserts
- If available use fresh ground nutmeg because it so full of flavor
- I pour the egg mixture into the pie crust very carefully right there in the oven while the piecrust is on the rack.
- Do not over-bake. The pie should still be somewhat giggly.
- This pie tastes and cuts best when chilled.
CREDIT BY : www.smalltownwoman.com