Looking for quick and easy dessert recipes? This apple dump cake is so simple to make with just a few ingredients including pie filling and boxed cake mix! It’s perfect for fall, especially Thanksgiving or Christmas when you’re feeding a crowd. Your entire family will love this impressive sweet treat served warm with vanilla ice cream.
- 2 (21 ounce) cans apple pie filling
- 1/2 (11 ounces) bag caramel bits (found in the baking section by the chocolate chips)
- 1 (15 ounces) box yellow cake mix
- 1 cup melted butter (2 sticks)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and grease a 9×13 baking dish with non-stick spray.
- Spread both cans of apple pie filling onto the bottom of your prepared dish.
- Sprinkle about half of the bag of caramel bits evenly over the top of the pie filling.
- Evenly distribute the dry cake mix over top.
- Pour the melted butter evenly over the cake mix covering as much of it as you can.
- Bake uncovered in the center rack for 30-40 minutes or until the buttery cake mix turns a deep golden brown.
- Allow it to cool for about 5 minutes and then serve warm with vanilla ice cream
- You could also sprinkle a handful of chopped pecans in with the caramel bits for added crunch, and if you really like spice, try sprinkling extra cinnamon or nutmeg over the cake mix before adding the butter.
- Place any leftovers covered in the fridge for up to 5 days and reheat in the microwave. It’s just as good leftover!